- The DoubleClick cookie
The DoubleClick cookie is used by Google in the ads served on the websites of its partners, such as websites displaying AdSense ads or participating in Google certified ad networks. When users visit a partner's website and either view or click on an ad, a cookie may be dropped on that end user's browser.
- Google's use of the DoubleClick cookie enables it and its partners to serve ads to your users based on their visit to your sites and/or other sites on the Internet.
Automatic Collection: QuotesGram.com uses common Internet technologies such as cookies and Web beacons to keep track of users’ interactions with the Site, Application and Services and to improve the quality of its service. QuotesGram.com may also collect your Internet Protocol (IP) address to track and aggregate non-personally identifiable information, your referring website addresses, browser type, domain name and access times.
- Cookie: When you visit the Site, the Application and/or use a Service, QuotesGram.com's servers send a cookie (a small file with a string of characters) to your computer. Standing alone, cookies do not personally identify you but would recognize your web browser; unless you choose to identify yourself to QuotesGram.com (through an account or otherwise), you will remain anonymous to QuotesGram.com. A cookie can be either session based (assigned to you each time you sign in) or persistent (it identifies browsers that have previously visited the Site, the Application or utilized the Services). Most web browsers are initially set up to accept cookies, but you can disable your web browser’s ability to accept cookies; however, if you do so, certain Site, Application or Service features may not work.
- Web Beacon: A web beacon is an electronic image on a web page that recognizes certain types of information on your computer when you visit that particular web page.
- IP Address: an Internet Protocol Address is a numerical label that is assigned to each computer on the Internet.
- Referring website address: a referring website address identifies the address of the webpage you were on previously.
- Browser: A browser is a software application used for retrieving, presenting, and traversing information resources on the World Wide Web.
- In addition, QuotesGram.com may use third parties to track and analyze usage information, and in so doing may use third party cookies. Please see more detailed information below under “Third Parties” if you would like to know more about third party cookies.
- Voluntary Collection: QuotesGram.com may collect certain information that personally identifies you (“PI”) or is protected personal information (“PPI”), such as your name, email address, website and login information for third party services (collectively referred to herein as “personally identifiable information”), if you choose to share such information. For example, this information may be requested as part of member registration, whereby we will create an account for your use of the Site and/or Application based on the PI you provide and you will become a member of QuotesGram.com. The decision to provide this information is optional; however, if you elect not to register or provide the requested information, you may not be able to access certain content or features or participate in certain areas of the Site or the Application.
- Publicly Posted: Information that you post on or through any public areas on the Site or the Application (or elsewhere on the Internet) may be collected and used by anyone and may result in unsolicited messages or other contact from others.
HOW DO WE USE THE INFORMATION WE COLLECT?
The information we collect enables QuotesGram.com to:
- customize the advertising and content you see
- fulfill your requests for Services
- improve its services
- contact and communicate with you
- conduct research and analysis
- provide anonymous reporting for internal and external clients
- provide you with additional information
WHEN DO WE SHARE OR DISCLOSE YOUR INFORMATION?
- We may share non-personal information with others, such as advertisers, sponsors and business partners, in aggregate anonymous form (meaning the information shared will not contain any personally identifiable information about you).
- We may share your personally identifiable information with third parties who facilitate communication on behalf of QuotesGram.com for QuotesGram.com's marketing and promotional efforts and/or for other information dissemination on behalf of QuotesGram.com.
- We may sell, rent or share your personally identifiable information, provided we have received your prior permission, to third parties to send you marketing and promotional information not related to QuotesGram.com that may be of interest to you.
- Your personally identifiable information may be transferred to third parties such as technical agents, payment processing vendors, consultants, advertising companies and among our affiliates for the performance of QuotesGram.com services or making products available to you.
- All companies working for and with us that QuotesGram.com provides with your personally identifiable information are contractually required to protect your personally identifiable information and keep it confidential; they are not permitted to sell or otherwise disclose your information to third parties except as authorized by us and you or as permitted or required by law.
- In the event of a sale, merger, consolidation, change in control, transfer of substantial assets, reorganization or liquidation, we may transfer, sell or assign to third parties information concerning your relationship with us, including personally identifiable information that you provide and other information concerning your relationship with us.
- We may disclose your personally identifiable information if permitted by law or required to do so by law or where we believe such action is necessary in order to protect or defend our interests or the interests of our customers or users of our Site, Application or Services.
EMAILING VIA A QUOTESGRAM.com ACCOUNT
As part of the Services, QuotesGram.com members may communicate with other members and non-registered users through use of their accounts. Where members have selected the option of adding one or more email addresses to an online form, the message they create in the corresponding template will be sent from QuotesGram.com to those email addresses on their behalf. These email addresses will be used only for the purpose of sending the email communication to the addressee.
USERS UNDER 13
The Services are not geared for children under the age of 13. As such, QuotesGram.com does not knowingly collect personal information from anyone under the age of 13. If we learn that a child under 13 has provided QuotesGram.com with any personal information, we will promptly delete said information from our files. If a child's parent and/or guardian learns that his/her child has provided QuotesGram.com with personally identifiable information without parental consent, he/she should contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org
From time to time, QuotesGram.com might establish a business relationship with other persons or entities to perform certain services on behalf of QuotesGram.com. For example, QuotesGram.com might contract with service providers to provide credit card processing, data management, promotional services, web hosting, web development, etc. In such cases, QuotesGram.com would provide the service providers with the information needed for them to perform their respective services. Service providers may use third party cookies. Some links monetized by VigLink.
Advertisements appearing on the Site, the Application or through Services may be delivered to users by QuotesGram.com or one of its advertising partners. Advertising partners may set third party cookies (or other technologies such as pixel tags), to compile information about where you or others who are using your computer saw their advertisements and analyze and optimize the performance of the ads.
THIRD PARTY WEBSITES
QuotesGram.com uses standard security procedures and practices appropriate to the nature of the information it collects and stores. Please be aware that no data transmission over the Internet can be guaranteed to be 100% secure. As a result, QuotesGram.com cannot guarantee or warrant the security of any information you transmit on or through the Site, Application or Services and you do so at your own risk.
In addition, if you wish to exclude your personally identifiable information from our direct marketing or from being shared with, or rented or sold to a third party, or if you would like to update or delete your email address, mailing address or other personally identifiable information, or otherwise manage communications your receive from QuotesGram.com, please contact us at the above or edit your profile via the Site or Application.